Sunday 10 January 2016

Secrets - Airplane Passengers Don't know

Secrets - Airplane Passengers Don't know 


There is a small latch hidden inside the lavatory sign on the bathroom door, which will open the door when pulled, even when it's locked. Airplane Peekaboo! The average curious redditor would be too scared to get in trouble if they actually went through with it.

I think we're safe.As in any other case, it's not the average redditor you have to watch out for.
It's the Redditor extremists that'll getchya.The average redditor wouldn't even be outside, let alone on a plane.

I only just realized this a few weeks ago. the flight attendants used this to lock the lavatory from the outside when prepping for landing.

You know how all the other armrests can be raised except for the one next to the aisle?
Turns out that one can be raised as well via a small button in a divot on the underside of the armrest. Useful if you want to spread out a bit more, though some flight attendants may tell you to put it back in place.That's a good way to get a sore elbow/knee.It's also a good way to get out of your row quicker. Every second matters.It's a great way to be the fastest person to stand up and wait 20 minutes once the seat belt light turns off.

Q: Someone please explain this to me. What is the God awful rush to stand up and wait to get out off the plane? My wife and I bicker about this on every flight.

A: I usually stand up and wait just because I'm so god damn tired of sitting. My family always accuses me of being impatient but I just want to stand dammit.

A: I'm 6'3" and fly coach. Nothing feels better than to stand and be able to keep standing after a flight of almost any distance. I just stand and wait because it feels better than sitting and waiting.

A: 6'4 here. It really is a struggle. It always seems I get a person who leans their chair back too, leaving less space for my broken knees.

A: 6'5" here, played a decade of football. The first second I can move my joints again, I'm taking it, even if I have to bend almost in half so that I don't hit my head on the overhead compartment.

A: I did a lot of sailing growing up. When I'm able to spin my torso and crack my back after being cramped in a small seat I go for it instantly, no matter if my flailing arms strike everyone in a 5' radius of me.

A: When I fly I always request either a first row seat or one of the emergency ones at the wings. Leg room enough to actually stretch out. If I can't get one of those, I end up having to subtly jam my knees into the seat in front of me prior to take off, get to cruising altitude where the person in front of me tries, in vain, to lean their seat back. Once they give up I can relax my legs and not worry about having them crushed the rest of the flight.

6'2'' here. Went to stand up after a long flight to stretch my numbing legs. Hit head on ceiling/hand-luggage compartment.

I can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment